THAT “OTHER WOMAN” IN MY LIFE
Today I did some reading in the afternoon. The story which named THAT “OTHER WOMAN” IN MY LIFE affected me deeply.
The author is a man after 22 years of marriage. He had discovered the secret to keep love and intimacy alive in his relationship with his wife, Peggy: He started dating another woman. And it was Peggy’s idea, actually. “You know you love her,” Peggy said to the author one day, taking him by surprise. The “other woman” Peggy encouraging him to date is his mother, a 72-year-old widow who had lived alone since the author’s father died 20 years ago. Right after author’s father died, he moved far away from home and started his own family and career. When he moved back to his hometown six years ago, he promised himself that he would spend more time with his mom. But with the demands of his job and three kids, he never got around to seeing his mom much beyond family get-togethers and holidays.
Then he began his first date with his mother. They had a nice talk over dinner. Nothing earth-shattering just catching up with each other’s lives.
After that they went out for dinner a couple of times a month. Sometimes they took in a movie, but mostly they talked. The author told his mom about his trials at work and took with pride about the kids and Peggy. His mom filled him in on family gossip and told him about her past. All of this were important to him, a part of his life.
At last, he said:” Like many baby boomers I tend to fill my calendar to the brim as I struggle to fit family, career and friendships into my life. I often complain about how quickly time flies. Spending time with my mom has taught me the importance to slowing down.”
This story really made me thinking a lot. Parents are care-givers for children. But the children will not be care-for forever and they will grow up. Life is too short. We need to spend time with the people you love. That will make us closer!
Beside above all, I also learned many new words. I enjoyed it very much!
Friday, 31 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment